Monday, July 30, 2007

No pictures...

There has been little knitting going on around here. A lot of that has to do with the TV-ban I've imposed on myself.... Except for a little So You Think You Can Dance (which we all know I can't knit while watching), I'm not watching much TV at all. Hubby is gone tonight for a band practice, so I think I'll settle in with some good Food Network shows (love me some Alton Brown!) and knit away!

I started on my cousin's Coachella tank top - I only have about 2 inches done. This has been a good learning experience for me already. I've done several new things with this. I SWATCHED!!!! yes, I did! I've never made a swatch before. The swatch itself was a disaster, because, for some reason, I didn't want to knit it on the size 9 circs that I'm actually knitting the piece with. Instead, I used some horrible plastic straight needles. I've used plastic before, but these were really bendy, and I couldn't get a tight, even stitch on them. I can't remember where I got them, or what I used them on.... But back to the swatch.... the stitches were loose and floppy - but I plowed ahead and decided that the bamboo and metal circs that I'll be using would provide the gauge needed. And I was right, so far!

Also new: I did the Long-Tail Cast On. And I LOVE it! So pretty, so neat! Much nicer than the knitting cast on I've been doing.

There was something else new that I've tried with this, but I can't remember what it was right now. Hmmm.... completely gone. If I remember, I'll post it. Geez, now that's going to bother me...

No comments: