Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ah, what a night!

mmmm.... Hubby's band is in the recording studio, working late on a demo CD. So I'm home alone (with the Big Boy in bed, of course), and the TV on... and it's nostalgia night on TBS! I swear - the original How The Grinch Stole Christmas followed by The Wizard of Oz... I am in heaven! So in between dishes and laundry, I managed to sit down and cast on for the baby's cargo pants... and I got about 5 inches done on the first leg.
I feel much better about this now that I'm actually knitting it. I don't feel as panicky, that I'm not going to get things done.


Also, in my nesting-stage, I cleaned up my craft armoire, and I stashed part of my stash under my bed. I'm relieved about this, too... a lot of this is just really cheap yarn that I can't see myself working with, but I can't get rid of yet. So it's nice to have it out of sight, and I'm surrounded by my pretty, squishy yarn. I didn't take a picture of my armoire, because even though it's "de-yarnified," it's not decluttered. I still have a lot of mess in there. Sigh.... but here's a peak at what's now living under my bed.

I feel kind of accomplished as a knitter - like my stash is growing now that it's officially out-grown the space I had for it! hee hee! I'm now on a self-imposed yarn restriction, because I have so much yarn that I bought for specific projects that I need to cast on for - so I'm not buying anymore until I knit some more of this up!

3 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Hi, there! I have been cleaning out my stash, too. One of my bloggy buddies is a teacher, and she taught her whole class to knit. She's looking for unwanted/un-needed yarn, needles, and notions. If you want her address, email me and let me know. She is most appreciative of donations!

nhknittingmama@comcast.net

Kellie said...

Scroll back through my blog sweetie....see how many times I have said "no more yarn until I knit up some of this stash." Just telling you so that if you fail, I'm right there with ya hahahahaha

I have something for you! We will need to get together before that sweet little one arrives ;) And, if you want to get together and knit/teach to knit, I'm all over that! Lets get in contact. I miss talking to you :) I've been thinking of you!

ohAmanda said...

What a fun nite! I love the wizard of oz!!

And your yarn--yummy!