Thursday, September 13, 2007

I lied.

OK, well, I didn't lie. I just changed my mind. I started knitting the Petal sweater (using the K1C2 Cotonade I got a while back - remember?). I want to be able to wear it while I'm still pregnant. You know, I thought that would be nice. Neither the Coachella or the sock are done. The Coachella, though - I am making progress. I'm done with most of the pattern - now it just says "Knit until piece measures 22.5 inches." I haven't measured yet, so I don't know how much longer I have to go. Then I put some trim on it, and it's done!

I'm taking it and the Petal sweater to North Myrtle Beach next week. I anticipate some good, quality knitting time, as the Big Boy is not coming with us. Yup, this will probably be our last child-free vacation for a while. I think it's harder to leave 2 kids with someone than it is with one... at least until they get a bit older and are more self-sufficient. That's my theory, anyway...

So while I wasn't going to start knitting anything new, I still needed to get the yarns for upcoming projects.... that way I could start as soon as I finished one thing. So I went shopping. See?!?
Two shops, one chain, one LYS... almost the same exact amount spent at each. I really couldn't have planned it better if I tried.

The top photo is from the chain store. I hit a great sale - 30% off all knitting needles. So I got ALL of the needles needed for upcoming projects - 3 circulars, 3 straights, and 1 set of dpns (I stocked up on a bunch of those a while ago). Everything I got there is for baby knits, except the Sugar 'n Cream - that's for a dishcloth swap I'm doing.

So the next picture is from my LYS... again, everything is for baby knits, except some yummy yummy sock yarn for me, and the PillowBot pattern. That's a planned Christmas knit for my brother, who is robot-crazy and really hard to shop for.


Next time, I'll show you some details of the yarns. Or maybe I'll talk about football. I don't know....

6 comments:

sherriknits said...

I really like that sweater!
You did well shopping...congrats! You'll have enough to keep you busy for awhile. :)

NH Knitting Mama said...

I'm happy for you for getting away for a bit! What do you have planned besides knitting?

Great yarn, too.

Becka said...

Oh yeah, you did some NICE shopping!!!! We always do the yarn crawl wherever we go. Lonnie helps me map it out, then prepares to stop at all shops....then he will look with me for a while, then he will sit and I will bring yarn to him to see if he likes it and if it gets the nod from him, home it goes with us...fyi, we are doing a lot of sock yarn shopping for Lonnie!

Kellie said...

I see Colinette Jitterbug sock yarn!! Excellent choice ;) Miss you! Hope to see you soon.

sherriknits said...

You've been tagged by me by something going around the 'net. Check it out and feel free to participate or not.

Cinnamonamon said...

Great shopping! :D Aren't baby knits the best? Instant gratification! Well...if my baby would leave me alone & let me knit, that is...