Thursday, October 18, 2007

mmmmm.... nice!

Rowan All-Seasons Cotton. mmmmmm - yummy! It's so soft, and so nice - Hubby declared it "Shexy," which is not what I'd call the yarn being used for a baby sweater, but, um, yes - it is shexy. Hubby thinks the pattern I'm using looks girly... what?!? I picked this one because it is one of the least girly ones out there. He just has no idea. Looking at the pattern initially, there were several parts that confused me. They still confused me as I knit through them, and I know it's not the prettiest knit sweater ever, as far as seaming and shoulders and arms and etc. But it's my first sweater ever (is the Coachella a sweater? hmmm - it didn't have arms, though). And I've decided that it's the process and the enjoyment I get out of the knitting that's important. The finished product is a plus, but I'm not going to knit-pick (bwa-hahahahahahaha!).

I have some khaki-colored All-Season Cotton to make these cargo pants with - and I think I'm going to have enough of the blue left from the sweater to make a hat - maybe I can put some khaki stripes in the hat to make it a set. Yay!

On another note - I feel like a new person. I got a new pair of glasses! Isn't it funny how the littlest things make the biggest difference? Big Boy had effectively ruined my other "new" pair, so I was relegated to wearing old old glasses for the longest time. I felt frumpy and unattractive. The littlest things....

We also signed up for a membership at our local YMCA. I am so excited - they have some water aerobics classes that are supposed to be really good for pre-natal workouts. And our family membership includes a Child Watch program, so I can drop Big Boy off and have some mommy-time. Ahhh.... I cannot wait! I might go in tomorrow to walk on the treadmill for a bit, just to get some time to myself. The water classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I'll be doing those until the baby comes.

Big Boy wants to show you my new glasses, which he has promised not to break or ruin in anyway.

3 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, you look hot, Momma! I know what you mean about needing Mommy time. It makes a huge difference!

Mary said...

Cute glasses! And I wish there was a Y convenient to me -- I'm envious!

Anonymous said...

Love the new glasses and the little socks!