Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I heart felting

I knew I was going to love it. I knew it. It appeals to all my... well, I was going to say my Type A personality traits... but I'm not sure why that is. Maybe because it's all tight and clean-looking - and it covers up any mistakes I make.

Whatever the reason... I do love it. I want to felt everything. Everything.

Here's the finished product. She's so BEE-YOO-TI-FUL!


The buttonhole handles are a little wonky. See? The top of the bag is tighter than the top of the button hole, so the bottom of the handle kind of waves. That's OK. I'll still carry her until my dying day. Even hubby was impressed. I asked him if I could knit him something someday, and he said yes, as long as it wasn't tacky. Me, do anything tacky? Who does he think he's talking to?

So I started something new. Can you guess what it is?

Let me know if you need hints. It's being knitted with Patons Pooch yarn, which is on sale sale for cheap cheap at Michael's.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Lmilla! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. :-) (And you'll have to tell me how to pronounce your name!) Anyway, love the felted buttonhole bag -- I want to knit one of those someday.

How cool that you went to school with that guy on Thirty Rock! Small world! I saw that before that gig, he was an intern on the Conan O'Brien show. He's great on Thirty Rock -- genius comic timing.

Hey, if you don't have a knitting group, we'd love to have you come knit with us (Barnes & Noble, Huguenot Rd., 7pm) on Tuesday nights! Lots of fun gals in that group, and several who are very into felting! Come any time!

Kellie said...

Oh my word, it is magnificently, utterly, and totaly BEAUTIFUL!!! I am SO jealous! You are quite the felting woman :)

Hint? I couldn't begin to guess what you are making, unless it is a shawl. I have on that I might pull out after I make my second non-fun fur felted buttonhole bag!

I can't wait to see what it is!!

Are we going to hit up another KAL?