Monday, April 2, 2007

My current WIP

I am so excited about felting. I had no idea you could do such wonderful things with wool! Over half of the projects I want to knit are felted. My current WIP (work in progress) is a needle case for my growing collection of knitting needles... and of course, it's felted!!! It's a beautiful free pattern from Berroco...

I am knitting the felted body in Patons Classic Wool Merino in a great leaf green color. The cables (gasp... cables!) will either be in an orange or a cream, and I think I'm going to add some felted flowers to the outside in the color I don't pick for the cables. What do you think of the color?
(note to self: this is why all the pics you see online are taken in full sun. duh!) I'll take a better pic tomorrow during the day.


So tonight, I headed over to www.knittinghelp.com to look up some "advanced techniques" for a headband I want to start on ASAP. Since I just discovered I am a Continental knitter (I never knew there was a difference!), I thought I'd take a look at some of her videos on the different styles of knitting. ummmm.... I was doing it wrong! Not even just the Continental style - I was actually doing more of a Combined style... I was wrapping the working yarn around the needle the wrong way! So all my stitches were turned the wrong way!!! I am so thankful I found this out before I started doing fancy stuff. Apparently, I would've been up the creek.... but it wasn't easy to admit to myself. So it's a big step for me to admit it here. Not that anyone's reading yet. I started doing it right, and it feels good - I don't think this will be too hard for me to change. In fact, I think at one point I used to do it right. But when I picked knitting back up after not doing it for a long time, I think I "remembered" it wrong. Geez!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I love, love, love the color! :) BTW, I am a thrower, and I'm trying to learn how to do continental. There is a continental tutorial on YouTube, just go to youtube.com and type in "continental knitting" and it SHOULD bring it up for you! Love your blog!!!