Tuesday, April 3, 2007

WIP - continued...

I took a better picture of the leaf green in the sun... isn't it pretty? This is a much better representation of the actual color. I love the ribbing detail on the edges. I wonder how that will look when it's felted! I can't wait to have my needle case done. All of my needles are knocking around my bag, and I discovered that I have 2 sets of size 8s and 2 size 11s. A needle case would solve all of that. And then onto something to hold my circs!

When I was looking up the advanced techniques last night on KnittingHelp (you remember - the video help that corrected my knit stitches!), I was looking for help on YO. I know - you're thinking, hello... yo? sweetie, that's anything but advanced! But the pattern I was looking at had 2 YOs in row, and I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right. After I made sure my "new and improved" - er... I mean, corrected knit stitch had stuck in my tired brain, I jumped into a headband pattern that I decided I needed to do ASAP. I'm adapting it a bit, since I don't need to hold an iPod or anything in my hair.

See, my hair is absolutely driving me crazy (that's a story for a whole other blog), and I decided that the only thing I can do right now is ponytails with headbands. At least until I figure out what else to do. And since I only have one headband, of course I needed to knit one for myself right now. Right now.

I was on my way to Hancock Fabrics anyway, so I picked up some Lion Brand Microspun - in multiple colors - to make all of the headbands I want/need. Has anyone else worked with this? First of all, it is super soft... feels so nice... and the price was right, too. But right away, this happened. I was trying to pull the end out of the middle to start. I wound up with spaghetti. hmmm.... Then knitting with it - it's not the easiest. The strands keep separating. Am I doing something wrong? I don't think I am... but then I thought I was knitting correctly, too (ok - that's enough about that).

Ok ok ok - LOOK AT THIS! I went to Lion Brand's homepage to get the links for the above paragraph, and I found a dream project. Add this one to the list! I'm a bag-a-holic anyway (just ask DH).... and this one's a beaut!!! And the pattern says it's easy! Whoohoo!

Back to the headband. I'm so proud of myself with this one. This is the first thing I've ever done that is more than just knit or purl. It's such a pretty pattern.... maybe one day I'll be able to come up with a pattern that makes such pretty stitches. As I knit this one, I am amazed at the skill it takes to figure out a couple YOs and a couple k2togs will make a beautiful twist in the yarn and will turn out to be perfect holes. So nice....

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Cute bag!! Another KAL? I have some links for you, missy! I have AT LEAST one headband that I am DYING to do, and I also have another bag that I think you would love, love, love!

You are NOT doing anything wrong with that microspun, I hate it. Its so hard to work with, I immediately threw mine down after I tried working with it. I have it in my "destash" pile because it splits so bad I couldn't deal with it. If you find you can deal with it, you are more than welcome to mine. Its black.

You are doing great!! Your headband will look so pretty :) And I really like the green color for your felted needle case.

I know I saw a headband pattern somewhere....where did you find yours? Oh oh oh I remember. In my knit picks catalog. I'll forward the pattern if you don't have the catalog :)

Oh and hey re: circulars, have you checked out knit picks options???? Definitely on my must purchase list.

DustBunniesCanWait said...

I agree, the options needles are on my list too. Have you seen them up close and personal yet?

Microspun? Love the fabric it produces but it definately is not easy to work with. One of my old WIP's is a sweater made with it. I really need to pick it back up and finish it.