Thursday, April 19, 2007

Knitting with a deadline!

Someone guessed right! I'm doing a shawl/stole thingy: Stefanie Japel's Paris Loop.



I can guarantee you mine will not look like that. Heck, look at the yarn differences! But here's the back story...

As I was finishing up the KAL, my mom called me to remind me that hubby and I were to go with them (my parents) to a symphony pops concert Saturday night (April 21). (Cool. I haven't gone to the symphony in a while. I miss it. But that's a different story...) When we get off the phone, what's the first thing to run through my head? "What am I going to wear?" After a quick mental inventory of my closet, during which I discover that, of course, I have nothing to wear, another thought runs through my head... "I wonder if I could knit a sweater before then."

When I picked myself up off the floor after the bout of hysterical laughter, I thought, "Well, there has to be something I can knit to wear before then!" So off I run to Glampyre Knits and saw the Paris Loop.

It's really an easy knit - when I can find the time. I'm running away this afternoon... my monthly scrapbooking group is meeting and I'm going to rebel and knit. No scrapbooking - only knitting! I'm so excited for 5 hours of uninterrupted knitting, I'm about to pee in my pants. Hopefully this will help me knock the thing out.

We'll see how it turns out - I hope I don't feel like the yarn is tacky after I finish the whole thing. I'd really like to wear a piece I've knitted. sigh....

2 comments:

Mary said...

That will be cool -- I look forward to seeing how it turns out -- be sure to get someone to snap a picture of you wearing it to the concert!

Kellie said...

Love the pattern! Can't wait to see it. Hope you got it done in time, I am sure you did :) Don't forget pics! Have fun at the concert.